The Urban Cyclist values our customers and respects your privacy. We collect information about you through our website in an effort to improve your shopping experience, as well as communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
We will limit the collection and use of personal information, or other relevant information (as defined below), to what is necessary to administer our business and provide you with the highest quality service.
As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our website.
The types of information we collect may include any or all of the following:
"Personal information" - such as your name, street address, telephone number, billing information, date of birth, any screen names associated with your account and other relative information.
"Navigational information" - such as information about where you go through The Urban Cyclist website
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1. To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
2. To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
3. To help provide any other services that you have requested.
4. To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
5. For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
6. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
WHO MIGHT WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
1. The information may be stored on servers located with our hosting provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
2. Your personal information may also be shared with other third parties if we are required to do so by law.
3. Where your information is shared with third parties we will request copies of their confidentiality and privacy policies to ensure they are consistent with our values on your privacy.
4. Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collecting your information) would we share your personal information with third parties. Your information would only be shared with reputable third parties and for the purpose of improving our service to you. We would not share your information with third parties to who may make unsolicited contact with you.
Our website uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience.
Cookies may also be used to collect transaction information needed by a scrip or loyalty program to which you have authorised us to provide your personal information.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our website.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
We use PayPal as our online payment processor, as they are a well established and trusted company who specialise in processing online credit card transactions. As a result of this, The Urban Cyclist never receive your credit card details when you purchase from our website.
HOW DO I KNOW MY PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SECURE?
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. The Urban Cyclist limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION: